File association problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Right now I`m laughing at myself. I know when I goofed, just do not know how to reverse it. Earlier today I copy and pasted some information into notepad 2. When I did a save as it came up as a Firefox icon instead of the usual notepad 2 icon. I went in to re-save it as notepad 2 , to late I realized that the "always use this to open" box was checked. Also the icon never changed from Firefox to notepad 2. Now the problem. I have Sandboxie set to run my default browser which is Firefox. Anybody see whats` coming? :D When ever I launch Sandboxie now, you guessed it, notepad 2 opens not Firefox. Have un-installed and re-installed both Sandboxie and Firefox. No change. Help.....please? :p

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Try going to windows explorer and right click on a file that doesn't open properly and select open with then select the right program, and check the always open use this box.

3. ThunderZ

Nice idea, but FF seems to be the only one, and only when I attempt to run it in Sandboxie.

4. ThunderZ

Problem solved. Used a little program called Defaultbrowser. After manually pointing it to Firefox.exe all is well.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    In general, you can access via Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types. Select the perp and then Change the association, delete the association so the computer "does not remember" your choice, or reset to defaults.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

6. ThunderZ

Good Morning Mrkvonic
    Had tried that as well. But had not removed Notepad2 before testing, possibly why it did not work. Did some web crawling and low and behold found some one who had experienced the exact same problem with Notepad2\Sandboxie\Firefox. That is how I found the fix. :D

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Great. Isn't the web wonderful. Causes half our problems, and then helps fix them.:D

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Well, I'm glad it works out.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.