FF vs Chrome/Chromium

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bodhitree, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I have tried core installations of both, and simply find Chrome/Chromium to be magnificently faster then Firefox. Even after modifications for pipelining, and opening more threads, FF is still way behind. Sometimes double, triple, even 5-6 times longer load times. Easiest way to test is to put page-load-timers on each one, and see for yourself. Frankly, is there a reason to use FF at this point?

For example this generic news page; 3.6 seconds for FF, not bad!
    http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/01/09/Ovh7W.jpg

Oh wait.. 1.8 seconds for Chromium..
    http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/01/09/tQHkJ.jpg

This is repeated over and over, in fact some websites Chromium loaded in under 2 seconds, FF stalled on, and took over 20-30 seconds to fully load. So again, what is the real point in running FF when a faster, more secure alternative is available? When you factor Chromium, Canary, Chrome-DEV, SRWARE Iron, Yandex, Comodo Dragon, and a variety of other ones available outside of the Chrome channels, all of which are speedy, then why FF?

Opera isn't any better off then FF in my tests. It stalls on similar pages, has loading issues with several major sites, is a bit slow at times, and has a few crash issues. Opera is elegant, and lovely, and has an amazing speed-dial, but otherwise I can't find a compelling reason to use it.

So why do people use FF or Opera?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Because they like it and any other browser they can think of. We have discussed the merits of one against other ad nauseum. EOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.