FF download plugin, auto scan AV?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by p51d007, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p51d007

p51d007 Registered Member

Had the 2.7 version of nod32 work with this, but can't figure out how to make
    the beta Nod do this.
    I use a plugin in firefox called download statusbar. There is an option to
    cause your AV to scan anything downloaded, but I can't figure out the
    command switch to get the beta to do anything. I can get the GUI to open up, but not automatically scan the file.

tnx.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In NOD32 v2 on-demand scans are performed by a separate application (nod32.exe) . In the new ESET Windows products on-demand scans are performed by the kernel mainly to save resoures . Because of this you cannot use the previous commands , nor you can run scan in Safe Mode because its service won't load .

Eset Smart Security and Eset Antivirus include Eset command line scanner which is DOS like application to perform command line on-demand scans . It is separate application and will allow you do what you want at the moment . However , in the current BETA version it is not supported (not working or there are no commands for it available for the public) .

I am sure it will be ready for the final release.

You don't need to worry in case your real-time protection is active because it will scan all your files on-access , on-create and on-extract . :thumb:

3. p51d007

p51d007 Registered Member

Thanks! It's not a big deal because I can right click the file to do an on demand scan. I've just turned it off.
    It will be nice to have that feature once the release candidate is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.