FF Browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

I somehow ended up with bookmarks (left to right) atop browser, which is not what I want, but there are a few apps or icons there that I do want visible; if removing that bookmarks toolbar in View|Toolbar I lose the 2-3 items that I want. Workaround-Customise choice, to fix this, maybe?

Noticed also that in FF, if I save pages, it seems to be getting a tad slow in so doing; anyone else see this, or is it perhaps just on this PC that this happens?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

You could create a new toolbar and put the apps/icons you want in it.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Right click on the toolbar and select customize.
    After that, drag and drop the icons to your liking.

4. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Trouble there is, if I shut off Bookmarks bar, those annoying bookmarks atop (where I don't want them) AND the 2-3 icons there that I do want, are then "gone" from View.

And, I don't see those same 2-3 icons that I do want present, in the area where you can do the drag and drop customised "paint job," for the new toolbar.

Enclosed screen cap shows what I'd like to keep, but, I want to ditch the Bookmarks side of things.

Attached Files:

5. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

I think you are misunderstanding wilbertnl. Leave the bookmarks bar open. Select customise, then drag the icons you want from the bookmarks bar onto another bar, where you want them. Then close the customise window and close the bookmarks bar.

Or drag the Bookmarks Toolbar items icon (or its text) onto the customise window and leave the bookmarks toolbar active, now with only the icons you want.

I hope that makes sense.

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I don't know which software you installed to get your buttons, so I can't resemble your exact setup.

Here is my screen capture that demonstrates how I have the menu, buttons and the address bar all in one row:

ff.jpg

The blue button is from http://onepassword.com/default.aspx and the TAG is from del.icio.us.

TIP: first move the buttons from the bookmarks to somewhere else, and after that close the bookmarks bar.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  7. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Okey dokey, with advice from those here, I stumbled around a bit more and got things pretty well tidied up. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.