Few qustions if you pleas

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

well my pc runs great my desktop looks awsome

but i have a few last qustions hopeing for alot of feed back and sugestions id really aprechiate it.

1. Is there a better scan disk fix errors for windows xp home editioni find it anoying that i have to reboot just to do the scan

and in some cases the scan dont work it says something like the something is a ntfs or some other thing and says cant scan bs thing

2.on my norton scan disk fix errors windoctor or something another when i check fix errors and start it says something lame like it needs acess to blah blah and certin programs are using it write acesss

is there a way to bypass this so norton has direct exclussive acess

3.concerning goback
    i recently ran into this i think its an sp2 issue not sure

when i go to install goback i get error message saying theres not enough room on the hd and it needs a gig 1,819 of mb but it says i dont have it and that i can do 415mb of space but thers 8 gig free what the hell

4.is there a program that will temporarly shut dowen all none esthinals in xp so the damn hd stops writeing i find defrag and other critical programs need nothing in the background runing in order to install properly

it was anoying cpu for ideling was 99%

i closed all programs every thing read 00% cpu
    but ideling just siting there was 99%

is there a way to stop ideling whats ideling good for seems to be more of a burden

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Mr. Blaze,

Norton Speed Disk used to have problems (SystemWorks2003) with SATA RAID hard drives. I just used Windows defrag and it works fine. I've read others here recomend 00 and perfect disk, but I'll let them comment on it.

The System Idle Process is normal. It just means that you have 99% CPU available for other things.

3. Mr.Blaze

so it was saying i have 99 availabe wonder why goback install was saying needs continues writing haveing many applications on system tray may cause error pleas shut dowen blah blah and try algain

but i had 99 free then wyrd

4. Devinco

When I had Goback (a while back) it was always a MAJOR pain to defrag. I had to completely disable goback, then defrag, then reenable it.

5. Mr.Blaze

you think it could had been the screen saver it was set for 5 minutes

6. Devinco

Could be...some screen savers can be resource hogs.
    I bet you have a pretty fancy screen saver too.
    I disable the screen saver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.