Few questions regarding Prevx

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by kasperking, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

well............
    1.Is there any major disadvantage of using prevx 3.0.1.65 instead of the RC versions or turning off safeonline feature in the RC ?
    2.is there an activation restriction on the same pc....i.e. with different rc's coming out the v3 user would want to see whether the latest RC has solved the issues or not ?
    3.i tried testing safeonline with phistank urls no warnings....:doubt:
    4.Keyscrammbler pro won't work.......it gives uncrypted keystrokes error had to uninstall it...too bad
    5.I am currently using just prevx rc 3.0.4.221 as my sole av/as.....removed nav 2010....i was wondering whether it is enough to secure my pc

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

As for:
    1. Not using the RC means you will lose the Safeonline features. Otherwise the 3.0.1.65 features are all there.
    2. There are no activation restrictions I know of at all.
    3. Prevxhelp would probably need to respond to this.
    4. My Keyscrambler personal seemingly would cause my browsers to crash, even with this release. With Safeonline Keyscrambler is pretty much unnecessary as it has keyscrambler protection built in.
    5. Prevx is top notch protection by itself. You could run it with NAV if you wanted to for another layer. I run Mamutu for a second layer. I know the frustration as I just got a 2yr license with Avira for 1yr price. I just like Prevx so much I keep coming back to it...:cool:

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We haven't fully turned on all of our antiphishing capabilities but will be doing so closer to the final release :)

Mongol's other answers are correct - and we will be retesting KeyScrambler to try and reproduce the crashing as we would ideally like to be compatible with it (and yes, Prevx does duplicate the KeyScrambler functionality using a similar technique which does make compatibility more difficult).

4. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

How about automatically disabling the keylogger function when KeyScrambler is installed?

5. PrevxHelp

Yes, this is an option but we don't want to run into the case of malware installing KeyScrambler as a guise to then steal keystrokes :)

6. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Will this be only antiphishing protection or will you block malicious sites generally?

7. PrevxHelp

It will be both antiphishing + anti-malicious-websites in general :)

8. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Great! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.