Few comments and suggestions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fishbone, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishbone

fishbone Registered Member

Hi everyone !

I have been testing Nod for a couple days now and i'm overall happy with it. However i'm surprised of some elements that could be added. I will list them below.

Feel free to comment the list i give or add items. As i'm new to this program i might be wrong or have missed some stuff. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated ;)
    [Btw if another topic deals with that let me know i couldn't find it...)

Here the list:

- No sound is played when i virus is found, only the window pops up.
    - No possibility of doing the scan and then decide for each element found what to do. It is annoying to sit in front of the screen and wait every window to say delete quarantine etc... Even if the process is really fast. >> Partly solved but in the context menu when u right click of an infected element in the log you can only CLEAN not DELETE. So if you want delete u need to go
    and browse to your file. May be i'm missing sommething again... :oops:

http://blagadas.free.fr/exos/nod32.jpg

- No possibility to PAUSE a scan >> can get around that with the Scan and then clean procedure

- No outgoing scan (it has been discussed many times here but i still don't get the point why it is not implemented. Users could decide to activate it or not but it would be a nice feature many of ppl are looking for >>EMON BETA offerts that option (Not tested)
    http://www.nod32.com/download/downbeta.htm

- I don't get the point of the SCAN and the CLEAN button. Even after reading the manual. o_O If sb could explain me... >>> Explained see below

Thx for you support

I'm looking forward to reading some comments

Cheerz

Fish

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  2. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

There was a thread on this board a couple of months ago about the difference between scan and clean. To save you the time of searching and reading all the numerous posts in that thread, I'll summarize. "Scan" scans all the way through without stopping even if it finds malware. However, after the scan, a log pops up detailing any malware which is found. By right clicking on the log entry, you have the various options for what you can do with the discovered malware. "Clean" pauses the scan when it comes upon malware. If, in setup, the user sticks with the default setting of "ask the user," the scan will not continue until the user selects what to do with the malware. If, in setup, the user has chosen another option, e.g., always delete, always just log, etc., the action will be taken and the scan will continue without user intervention.

3. fishbone

Thx a lot profhsg for this powefull explanation. I appreciate it.

Any comments about the other suggestions ?

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

outgoing email scanning is available in the EMON beta. I think it will be implemented in the next version release, when ever that will be.

Info is available about the beta here; http://www.nod32.com/download/downbeta.htm

5. fishbone

Thanks will have a look at that

6. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

@flrfan111

Greatly. Are there also links to other current beta components, too ?

7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

AFAIK the EMON beta is the only public beta available at the moment. The other betas are currently for Eset employees and such as well as people having specific issues with parts of NOD.

8. honeybunny

@flyrfan111

Thanks a lot for info. ;)

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Frankly, even our distributors haven't got it for testing yet because it's still in the phase of development.

10. honeybunny

Is this EMON Beta 2 still the own Component we can test as licenced Users ? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.