Fellow weather watchers!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Since the demise of Weather Pulse years ago and the recommendation not to use gadgets, I've been searching apps that would display the outside temperature in the notification area. MajorGeeks has a free app today called YoWindow. I installed (carefully, declining the extras) it sandboxed. It's process was using 12,xxx kbs. Then I tried the Weather Channel's and it using 99,xxx, so it seems reasonably light. I actually haven't re-installed it yet but I probably will!

2. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

If instead free version you want the "YoWindow Unlimited", you can get it for free like mentioned in this Wilders thread.

3. ratchet

I was assuming, possibly incorrectly, that when I declined anything extra I was avoiding OpenCandy. I only installed it In Sandboxie then deleted the contents so I don't have it, however, I'm thinking twice about the program after reading this.

4. ratchet

I have installed it, declining Bing and MSN and RegSeeker doesn't find any OpenCandy entries. Process now only 5400 kbs, as I've disabled everything but the temp in the tray, so this may be a keeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.