Feeling like Dell has ripped me off

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ellison64, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum ,but just have to vent.I decided to purchase a new pc and DELL UK seemed like a good choice.Plenty off offers on up until the 23rd.
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspndt_530?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs
    I choose as the base model the £399 inspirion 530.I choose customise and added a bit more ram and a graphics card.I thought this isnt bad as vat and delivery is also included in the price (as clearly stated at the website).Imagine my disdain to receive an invoice charging £60 extra shipping fee.That extra £60 also took me over my overdraft limit on that particular account.I am livid.Customer care in India ,have said that i have to wait until i receive the new pc and then phone again to try and get a reimbursement of the delivery charge (nothing about my overdraft charge.I am really livid about this and it has taken the shine off what i initially thought was a good deal.I am seriously thinking of complaining to trading standards about this.Anyway just a vent for me and a warning to other prospective Dell customers.
    ellison

2. ellison64

Heres the email from DEll customer support....

~Private email removed per TOS - Ron~
    Now am i blind or does the dell website clearly state that shipping and vat is included in the price?.Im getting madder by the minute.Next step is trading standards and small claims court i think.:mad:
    ellison

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I see

But maybe that is without customization.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If I remember right, you have to see Free shipping in your Dell offer when you're building your pc online. I have bought 3 Dells and if I remember right it tells you on the order page whether it's free shipping. I have received free shipping for all 3 of the Dell's I bought. I can't speak for shipping in the UK, but I had my stuff sent from Texas to New York in the USA. :)

5. ellison64

Well the website clearly states shipping including vat is part of the total price shown
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspndt_531?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs
    and doesnt mention anything about having to use vouchers.It cant be because of customisation either because if you click add to basket on any of the pcs without customizing and "no keep base package" when offered extra return warranty,it calculates price and shows £60 delivery charge.When i queried this before purchasing i was assured by online chat customer service that this was normal for the online website to show that ,but it would be taken off when actually invoiced.
    ellison

6. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Take it up with trading standards.
    There are no terms mentioned on the page.
    The "shipping" link does not mention vouchers either.
    The terms and conditions does not even include the word "shipping"
    Having read the terms no mention of "free delivery".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.