Fedora Core 5 linux & windows XP dual boot

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tru_Snoop, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hey guys;

I have installed Windows XP and Fedora Core 5 linux as dual boot. I use both of them and they both work fine. However, I have given Linux too much disk space, like 15GB, which I believe is way too much, besides I need some extra space for my windows xp. I have tried Partition magic but it can't work with "ext3" partitions. I tried to uninstall Fodora, but when I did, windows xp won't load because it was using the BootLoader by Fedora (which was removed). So I had to install fedora again on 15GB partition. I want to keep Fedora but with less disk space (or partition). How to deal with this problem?

Is there a way to resize "ext3" partition? or Is there a way to uninstall fedora and make my windows XP load up? How to deal with it?

thank you.
    bye.

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I don't know about getting rid of Fedora, but it should have a built in partition manager. I have SUSE running on my machine, and I know I have a partition manager.

Otherwise, the GParted Live CD works fairly well in my experience.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you can definately use gparted, you're using gnome aren't you? try running it, it might work without having to burn the livecd by shrinking the partition during a reboot??

or if you uninstall Fedora try running fix MBR with the windows disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.