Fedora 3 Problems Still Not Fixed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by crummock, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Several weeks ago Acronis released build 800 for TI8 Standard edition with the promise that the boot disk would now correctly create images of Fedora 3 Ext3 partitions.

I updated to build 800, re-created my boot disk and created images of my Fedora 3 partitions. They did indeed appear to be created correctlty and of a reassonable size for teh partition concerned. I've since taken 2 further snapshots of teh paritions aand all seemed OK.

Yesterday I had need to restore my main Ext3 partition from one of these images.
    It did not work. The image is corrupt. All images created using build 800 boot disk cannot be restored. I have tried them all.

In the end I had to restore from a 2 month old image created using a TrueImage for LInux Server boot disk. This restored fine and got teh machine running again. I then spent hours putting back all the changes I had made in teh last 2 months.

What is going on ? If TI8 is this unreliable I need to look elsewhere as I cannot be without and form of reliable backup for the system.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crummock,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please clarify where you stored the image? Also please let us know whether you have created it under Windows or after booting from Acronis Bootable CD?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. crummock

The image was created using boot cd and was stored on a network shared drive which is on a Windows XP machine.

4. Acronis Support

Hello crummock,

Could you please create the image of a single partition and store it to another partition on the same hard disk? Also please try to create the image under Windows and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. crummock

I'll see what I can do.

I cannot create an image from within Windows as it's a Fedora 3 Linux system.

6. Acronis Support

Hello crummock,

Please note that Acronis Bootable CD is part of Acronis True Image and covers with End-User License Agreement. If you have Acronis True Image installed on another computer and have got only one license you are not allowed to use it on two (or more) computers.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. crummock

But as I don't have it installed on another PC currently then there is not an issue and this certainly doesn't account for the product not working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.