Fedora 28 KDE - Call the doctor, it's not feeling well

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Happiness everywhere. Behold, a long, negative review of Fedora 28 KDE, tested in a dual-boot setup on a laptop with Nvidia graphics, covering live session, installation and a partial post-install usage, including look & feel, fonts, networking - Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, printing, multimedia support - MP3 playback and HD video, partitioning, customization, numerous application crashes, errors and bugs, broken smartphone support, and a dead desktop after graphics drivers installation. Take a look.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-28-kde.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

It's always interesting how perceptions vary. I'm absolutely happy with Fedora 28 KDE. However, I hadn't installed it anew but performed a release-upgrade from v. 27. Perhaps this makes a difference.

3. Mrkvonic

It's not a perception. All of the problems come with errors, popups, crashes.
    My test methods remain unchanged. I am highly consistent in what I do.
    What changes is the seesaw of bugs and regressions and quality in the distros.
    Mrk

4. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

5. Mrkvonic

I'll see what I can do. Will you believe me that I have more than a year's worth of requests in my todo list?
    Mrk

6. taytong888

taytong888 Registered Member

My installation of F28 KDE 64 bit was a total disaster and a waste of time. Same thing happens with F28 Cinnamon and F28 Workstation Netinst.

The Live DVD boots into a wall of text. Then after a very long wait, the screen shows "Input not supported".

This is not the first time I install Fedora. I always verify SHA256 checksums before burning ISO images to disks. My PC has an AMD Phenom II X2 CPU, 8 GB DDR3 RAM and a GeForce GT710 video card. It's not that old and it has a multiboot of Windows 7, openSUSE Leap 15.0, Xubuntu 18, Mint 19, F28 Xfce and SolydK 9.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.