Fedora 21 review - Uh, not again

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Oppan Red Hat style. I mean Fedora. So there it is, a long, mostly unfavorable review of Fedora 21 KDE 64-bit edition, tested in a quad-boot setup on a laptop with Intel graphics and SSD, covering live session, install and post-install use, including look & feel, network connectivity - Wireless (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Samba sharing, partitioning and problms with BTRFS, bootloader issues, easyLife configuration and bogus error messages, codecs re-installation, multimedia playback - Flash and MP3, applications - defaults and extras, desktop effects & screenshots, resource usage, printing, stability, suspend & resume, other bugs and problems, and more. Have fun. And don't drink too much.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-21-kde.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. AutoCascade

AutoCascade Registered Member

I tried this out but I couldn't download Chromium and while I could download Chrome I couldn't get it to install. Given what I assume is a very high level of built in security if I had could have installed either I may have kept it.

3. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Bitter and harsh environment, below-par outcome. Like spanish inquisition entree-level for linux newbs.
    The xfce-spin runs much better, thank Code.

4. AutoCascade

AutoCascade Registered Member

I went back, hate feeling defeated, and installed Chrome. Now to get the right codecs for videos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.