Fedora 18 + MATE - Not bad for the first attempt

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Fedora again: a review of Fedora 18 Spherical Cow with the MATE desktop environment, focusing on installation, look & feel, customization, new themes and icons, visual integration, software choice, package management, printing, some bugs and issues, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-18-mate.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Thanks for info Mrkvonic :thumb:
    I Installed Mint 14 Nadia this week on an old notebook, look and feel are great.
    Cheers,

Gerard

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Here's a tip Mrkvonic, to avoid wasting your time, I begin with an overdue apology for my earlier sarcasm. Try Snowlinux. Its a German distribution based off Debian/Ubuntu that just so happens to use MATE/Cinnamon as default desktop envionments. The icon set is really lovely and the themes are functional to a fault. Why mess around with Fedora? If you're not happy with those choices, you can add the Consort Packagers PPA and install a GNOME 2 style desktop fork in Debian/Ubuntu. So if GNOME Shell isn't your thing, you're not out of luck and your goodwill for the future need not be prematurely spent. Cheers! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.