FDM unins000.exe detected as trojan - False Positive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GreenWhite, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

Just want to inform that Free Download Manager ( FDM ) unins000.exe has been detected as a win32/trojan downloader/agent trojan. I highly think its a false positive.

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i have sent unins000.exe to eset lab they will fix this FP
    C:\Program Files\Your Uninstaller 2008\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan
    C:\Program Files\Go Go Gourmet Chef Of The Year\ReflexiveArcade\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I got 4 false positives this morning all related to uninstaller files.
    C:\Andy\CD Stuff\nLite\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan
    C:\Andy\Registry\Registrar Registry Manager\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan
    C:\Andy\Utilities\Driver Sweeper\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan
    C:\Andy\Diagnostics\PhysX_FluidMark_v1.0.0\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan
    A bad definition update I feel.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  4. auchkoenig

auchkoenig Registered Member

I have the same fp too. Here is the log

9/11/2008 8:45:29 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files (x86)\Driver Sweeper\unins000.exe probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan unable to clean Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\RarExtLoader.exe.

9/11/2008 7:38:49 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files (x86)\oZone3D\Benchmarks\FurMark_v1.4.0\unins000.exe probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan unable to clean Event occurred during an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton AntiBot\agent\Bin\NABAgent.exe.

5. Gene Benson

Gene Benson Registered Member

D:\Program Files\MailWasher Pro\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan - cleaned by deleting - quarantined [1]

Got this yesterday. I'm sure it's a fp as well.

6. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

FP is fix in letest update 3598

7. Gene Benson

Gene Benson Registered Member

Confirmed.

D:\Program Files\MailWasher Pro\unins000.exe - probably a variant of Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent trojan - cleaned by deleting - quarantined [1]

Scanned today and not a peep from Nod. Nice work Eset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.