FDISR-Rescue

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by squid13, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

When I click my icon in the task bar and the box comes up, I'll click Action. Then I'll click Boot to the Rescue area. I then get a error box that says Exit Windows EX error=0. It will not boot on it's own. I have to hit restart and when it reboots it's in the rescue image and all works well. It also works Ok from the boot up when you have to hit F1 to boot to the rescue area. Does this mean something is corrupted and that I need to reinstall the program to correct it?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That would be my first guess. You might also try turning off preboot and turning it back on.

3. squid13

I didn't find anything under options to turn off the preboot. My machine is in good shape so what I'll probably do is uninstall then reinstall it and let it make a new image and hopefully that should take care of it.

4. squid13

I uninstalled completely and then reinstalled it and still have the same problem. I've put a ticket in to Horizon data and will see if they answer it.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

okay squid13

Keep us posted.

Pete

6. squid13

Well it's been 8 days since I submitted my ticket and I've heard not a peep from them. So I submitted another ticket asking what happen to my first ticket and gave them the number. Will see what happens. Sometimes I think software dealers are like car dealers, they'll sell the car but their service is lousy.

7. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Squid13,
    I think that FDISR is a great program, but I had tried it once and had a problem.
    Horizon Datasys NEVER bothered to get back to me.
    I hope you have better luck.
    I've moved on to a company that supports its products and customers.
    Regards.
    Hugger

8. squid13

I was having some windows update problems where it would just scan forever with nothing happening along with this problem with my FDISR-Rescue. So I started to think about when it started and that was about the time I updated from IE6 to IE7. So I uninstalled IE7 and went back to IE6 and BINGO all my update problems disappeared. It now updates real fast like it use to in both Express or Custom. Don't know what it is in IE7 that causes the problem but going back to IE6 fixed it for good this time. So I checked my FDISR-Rescue by clicking the icon in the taskbar, then clicked Action and boot to rescue area. The box came up and asked yes or no and I clicked yes and it worked like a charm. So what in IE7 caused the problem, I have no idea. It works as advertised now.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Squid,
    Very interesting. Until now I refused to install IE7, so I have no experience with FDISR and IE7, but I'm warned now that it might give me problems.
    It is very unlogical that IE7 would cause a problem in FDISR, but you never know for sure. :)

PS: Not very nice of HDS to leave you stucked with this problem. You must be a home user instead of a large company.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  10. squid13

Yes I'm a home user and I've still not heard a peep out of HDS. It's fixed now but will be interesting if I ever hear from them. I think I'll stay away from XP SP3 also.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well home users are usually served last, when it's very busy.
    If you try XP SP3, make sure you backup your system FIRST. When something goes wrong, you will save alot of time.

12. squid13

I always back up before I do anything. Learned that lesson along time ago. As far as that IE7 problem, 7 was made for Vista not XP so I wonder what kind of hatchet job they did on it to make it work in XP.

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Funny thing that you guys mention SP3. It was almost four years ago that I discovered how potent and lifesaving FDISR was the first time that I tried to install the massive SP2.

I did something wrong when trying to install SP2, I cannot blame this one on Microsoft, and entered the dreaded unbootable scenario. This was one of my fist usages of FDISR and the very first usage of the pre-boot feature. Within 10 minutes my system was back to normal and this time dummy made no mistakes while attempting his second install of SP2. That's when I really realized how nifty this lifesaver really is.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.