FDISR Hangs

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Huupi, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hello All, Installed newest version 320 build 202 on a dual core intel,XP pro,creating secundary snapshot just fine,archived my primary for refreshing on ext. disk,everything went just fine, but at copy/update primary to archive or archive to primary it just hangs at the moment it has to copy [indexing the files before no problems ], i hear a lot of activity on the ext. disk but FDISR just hangs and no movement for 10 min and so i killed the process with taskmanager.
    In the activitylog there some messages : Windows error 232 and " error- writing message to pipe,pipe is being closed " . So anybody an opinion about this ?

Huub.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I was getting what I thought was a hung during the preparing to copy. Would last 20 minutes, and then continue. Turned out to be AntiExecutable.

Disabling it didn't help. Had uninstall it. There may be a similiar conflict.

Pete

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I would try disconnecting, un-plug and re-plug in you ext HDD.

Windows Error 0x000000E8 - 232
    The pipe is being closed.
    ERROR_NO_DATA

This is a benign error but could be caused by the ext HDD not seeing the data FD-ISR is preparing to send.

hth,

...screamer

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Tried another external disk and everything went smooth,guess has to do with faulty disk. BTW other read/write operations to this disk so far no problems,bit puzzled !??

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I never had problems with any build of FDISR. On the other hand no build of FDISR improved anything on my computer either. I never see any difference, just another version number and build number.
    I guess your problem had nothing to do with this build of FDISR, just an accidental coincidence.

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Strange thing here i can do regular operations like copying,write and read to this '' faulty disk '' but can't create an FDISR archive on it. Strange o_O

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Is the "faulty" disk formatted in NTFS?

Acadia

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The archive is compressed. That might be the difference

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Obviously the disk is formatted as NTFS, FDISR works only on these Filesystems,previously had created snapshots on this disk without problem.

10. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Like I said, "This is a benign error but could be caused by the ext HDD not seeing the data FD-ISR is preparing to send." In this case, compressed data.

...screamer

11. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

If you have a spare usb cable lying around try changing the cable to the problematical drive, sometimes it is as simple as that, don't ask me why, I don't understand them, I just work with them ;)

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Like i said no problems archiving to another external so compressed data is not likely the problem.Previously used built 173 with no problems to that disk,is there any difference with latest built in terms of compression ? Is this a known item ?

13. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Solved ! Had renamed the .arx file itself [bzw. longer name.arx],i reset to default name,sofar no problems anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.