FDISR and VISTA

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by gergy, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gergy

gergy Registered Member

Although FDISR does not yet support Vista, I wonder if someone has managed to get Vista installed as a separate snapshot under XP? My own tests failed due to Vista's boot manager.

2. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I've been monitoring this thread and to my disappointment it has been silent. I would like to broaden the scope of the question to inclued, "Will FDISR be compatible with Windows Vista when it is released (Caveat: If it is ever released)?"

3. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings,

Yes, we are going to provide a FD-ISR version for Windows Vista. We are looking at a release date the same time Vista is released (whenever that will be)

-Todd

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Damn it Todd!!! If you are that far ahead of Microsoft, why don't you stop for a bit and help them out. I would like to see Windows Vista in my lifetime!!!

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

All right, Todd! Hear that folks? The Vista version of FirstDefense will be available in 3007!!

Acadia

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

:D You guys are a riot !

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Vista will release next week here in sweden, is the release of next version of Firstdefense about?

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually when I was fooling with Vista RC1 I tried First Defense, and once I figured out how to elevate permissions(something in vista I found quite endearing) First defense as it now exists ran fine.

I was able to boot into a 2nd snapshot which was XP and back to primary which was Vista.

9. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

It works fine for me. You have to "Run as Administrator" to bring it up. It will not install into a clean install of Vista, but I used nLite to setup a minimal XP with my RAID drivers and First Defense. Then I did an upgrade install of Vista.

10. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

That is great news. Perfect solution until Vista and some drivers/software are compatible. Well not perfect, perfect is when one can migrate without hassle of course. But for us who feel we cant wait for software/driver developers to catch up it is good :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.