FDISR and Eaz-Fix users I have a question!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Since AyRecovery, similar software, is available for free, is this an offer I can't refuse? I know many of you live by these types of applications, yet when Give away of the day offered Eaz-Fix I passed after reading some of the reviews that day. Some couldn't believe it was free while others were claiming it crashed their PCs, so I punked. Once again I'm confused as heck! Thank You!

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

You shoulda picked up a free copy of eaz-fix while it was on offer, its an excellent program. Theres always gonna be cases where software doesn't work correctly for people. Anyway yes you should grab a copy of ayrecovery while you can. It is based on an older version of the software that eaz-fix also uses and as such it doesn't have all of the features but the basic functionality is still there. Its very useful if you like to test software or different system configurations.

3. ratchet

Well you went and did it. I'm going for it! Thanks farmerlee!

4. farmerlee

Yeh just installed it on my old ibm thinkpad. Windows XP, 866mhz and 256 ram and ayrecovery is running fantastic. I was running deepfreeze on it but i'm running ayrecovery instead now. License is good for 366 days, it'll be interesting to see what it does after expiring, assuming this 6 year old laptop is still running then of course lol!

5. guest

guest Guest

i like ayrecovery gui, i think better than rollback (boot screen)
    i give free licence for it, but it conflict norton av in my computer

6. farmerlee

Really? What kind of conflict is it? I have NIS09 (not installed) i might install and see wat happens...

EDIT - Well i successfully installed NIS09 alongside ayrecovery. It took a few attempts to get it going, the first couple of times it bombed out during installation for whatever reason. Seems to be running fine now, updated it and did a scan with no problems. Only problem is my old laptop takes about a million years to shutdown and start up now that norton is installed!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  7. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

first time is now when i saw AyRecovery .... its same like as rollback RX and eaz fix lol

same software code been used , but AyRecovery look the most differ than eaz fix and rollback if u compare them all 3

8. farmerlee

Yeh ayrecovery is an older version i believe, where rollback/eaz-fix are up to v8 ayrecovery is still on v6.

9. demoneye

yep look like its an old code maybe ....coz according to the site its new

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9246/imageaa1lx2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  10. ratchet

farmerlee, did you use the license number in the first post of the "free" thread? The links in the post by renegade08 suggest you need to post an email address. I'm not quite that committed. lol

11. farmerlee

Yeh i used the license number that was posted on that website.

12. evilscribble

evilscribble Registered Member

wtf, ayrecovery's GUI and eaz-fix's look exactly like rollback rx.

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I gotta say it confuses the hell out of me seeing these different vendor names with basically the same kind of product, even down to the UI. You'd think they'd want to put their own stamp on it.

14. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

If you looked carefully you would see that Ayrecovery has slightly less functionality that either Eaz-fix or Rollback Rx.

BTW what's the problem with having different sellers of what is basically the same product? You pays your money and makes your choice. I use Rollback Rx, others use the other versions...its a matter of choice.:D

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it, just a bit unusual that's all.

There are many types of programs out there, say imaging applications, and they all do basically the same sort of thing, but different vendors put their mark on what is essentially the same type of program. It's not the same UI or code base where ever you go. They try to do something different.

Here we have different vendors utilising virtually the same software, but being sold by different groups under new names. I'd expected you'd get different vendors selling the same product at competitive prices i.e. with the same branding no matter where you "pays your money and makes your choice". Someone remarked "copycat syndrome" to me the other day, but I don't think they intend to be like that. It just seems a bit of an unusual way of marketing the same product to me. :)

16. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

17. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

After comparing the features, AY seems to me to be a light version of EF and RB (Pro versions).

18. demoneye

lol that can be... anyway is castrated ver like some said in here

19. chetcope

chetcope Registered Member

The problem with different sellers is there's no central forum or database. Horizon's forum is awful;

And for a decent knowledge base 1 has to read the support info at all of the retailers of Rollback RX lookalikes (I have a hard time remembering their names.)

Wish Wilders would allow a dedicated restore (Eaz-Fix & RollbackRX etc) forum for those of us not fortunate to have bought Leapfrog's version of FirstDefense-ISR (not sold any longer but still supported in its own Wilders board)!

As it is I have to come here once a month and input 'Rollback RX' etc in search to get an idea of what's going on (I'm jealous of Wilders True Image Forum!).

Chet

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.