FDISR and Ashampoo Magic Defrag

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by SourMilk, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Does anyone know if FDISR and Ashampoo Magic Defrag are compatible? I know that the built-in defragger for Windows XP is compatible but the AMD defrags differently. It automatically defrags during periods of idleness halting instantly when it senses CPU usage. I'm leary about using both FDISR and AMD together. Anyone have any experience with the two programs running side by side or information concerning their compatibility?

Thanks for any replies.

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I have tried Ashampoo Magic Defrag and I think it works fine with FD-ISR.
    The FD-ISR preboot screen might complain that it can't find the $ISR file, but that is fixed as soon as the boot is completed.

You want to check that the defrag stops when the disk is used by another process, if it doesn't stop while you copy/update snapshots/archives you might run into severe errors.

And why not contact Ashampoo support and ask for a file/folder exclusion feature?
    They are very responsive and willing to improve their products.

3. SourMilk

Thanks for the info. I think I will do that.

4. SourMilk

I wrote Ashampoo and they replied that exclusion of a file or folder is not implemented in the current version of Magic(al) Defrag but would consider it in the next version. I think I will True Image what I have before I try AMD so I will have a bare metal backup just in case I run into trouble.

Thanks again Wilburtnl for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.