FD-ISR scheme

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by twl845, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, I have the original FD-ISR. I understand that XP users can't upgrade directly to WIN 7, so my question is this: What if I created a blank snapshot? Would I still be in XP or would the new blank snapshot be actually blank, where upon I could install a copy of WIN 7? o_O

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Acadia - Thanks for the referance. I remember reading that thread now. So, there's no way around installing Vista first if you are running XP, if I understand it. I'm with you, in that my FD-ISR is more important that the OS. If I lose it I'll fall on my sword. I wonder what Todd would want in return for a Win7 compatable build. Perhaps a slightly older woman. :D

4. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

I think maybe you need to read the thread Acadia mentioned again right through. It is indeed possible to install 7 without Vista. The secret is to have access to the Bootable Vista Rescue CD/Usb. All the info that you need is in the thread because that is how I got it to work, and it works well. Todd seems to have made FDISR FORWARDS compatable as well as everything else :D

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks Kennyboy, I'll read it again. Some of it is over my head so that's probably why I missed it. I have no access to the Vista bootable rescue cd/Usb so I might be shot down. :)

6. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

No Problem. It really isnt as difficult as it seems at first. There is one post there which is a summary ofeverything you need to do. If you follow it, I am sure you will be ok.
    Here is the link to the Vista Rescue Diskdownload. Hope it helps.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Ken

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Kennyboy, Thanks for the advice and info. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.