FD-ISR scheme

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by twl845, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, I have the original FD-ISR. I understand that XP users can't upgrade directly to WIN 7, so my question is this: What if I created a blank snapshot? Would I still be in XP or would the new blank snapshot be actually blank, where upon I could install a copy of WIN 7? o_O

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Acadia - Thanks for the referance. I remember reading that thread now. So, there's no way around installing Vista first if you are running XP, if I understand it. I'm with you, in that my FD-ISR is more important that the OS. If I lose it I'll fall on my sword. I wonder what Todd would want in return for a Win7 compatable build. Perhaps a slightly older woman. :D

4. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

I think maybe you need to read the thread Acadia mentioned again right through. It is indeed possible to install 7 without Vista. The secret is to have access to the Bootable Vista Rescue CD/Usb. All the info that you need is in the thread because that is how I got it to work, and it works well. Todd seems to have made FDISR FORWARDS compatable as well as everything else :D

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks Kennyboy, I'll read it again. Some of it is over my head so that's probably why I missed it. I have no access to the Vista bootable rescue cd/Usb so I might be shot down. :)

6. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

No Problem. It really isnt as difficult as it seems at first. There is one post there which is a summary ofeverything you need to do. If you follow it, I am sure you will be ok.
    Here is the link to the Vista Rescue Diskdownload. Hope it helps.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Ken

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Kennyboy, Thanks for the advice and info. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.