FD-ISR is from Raxco or Horizon DataSys ???

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by pepperer, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepperer

pepperer Registered Member

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

FDISR-Rescue is a stripped down version of the workstation version. The workstation version is no longer for sale by anyone.

Pete

3. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I am feeling privileged to get still the latest build,but then i am a longtime customer and its included in their service,running trials has no use anymore.
    So waiting what comes next.

4. GarySugar

GarySugar Registered Member

FirstDefense-ISR Rescue and FirstDefense-ISR Server are the current versions. Afaik FirstDefense-ISR Rescue is limited to one secondary snapshot. The server version will work on winxp, but it's expensive.

5. pepperer

Hi,
    I'm interested in maybe buying FD-ISR Rescue, but what do you mean here?
    Thanks. :)

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FDISR and FDISR Rescue have an unique way to restore a system partition.
    It compares your actual system partition with a healthy secondary snapshot and during that comparision,
    1. It adds objects that disappeared in the actual system partition
    2. It removes objects that were added in the actual system partition
    3. It replaces objects that have changed in the actual system partition.
    After that comparision (copy/update) your actual system partition = the healthy secondary snapshot.
    No other boot-to-restore ISR-software uses that method.

The question is : "What can you do more with a secondary snapshot, compared with other ISR-softwares ?" I can't answer that question, because I never tested FDISR Rescue myself and I'm not very enthousiastic to do so. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  7. GarySugar

GarySugar Registered Member

FDISR Workstation could make up to ten bootable snapshots, and it could make archives of snapshots, and one snapshot could be frozen. FDISR Rescue can only make one bootable snapshot that can't be frozen, and no archives - so that's one alternative boot image for immediate recovery. I wouldn't discourage you from trying it. That is the main FDISR functionality, after all. The rest can be accomplished in other ways, especially considering all the functionality you already have with Ghost.

8. pepperer

Thanks for telling me abut this. I've been reading their documentation over there at HDS and I guess everything I've read was out of date because I never saw this. I just confirmed it with online support chat. I was leaning toward buying FD-ISR Rescue, but now I'm leaning toward Rollback RX or maybe nothing.

9. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

rollback RX cost more than the FD-ISR Rescue ... does it contain FD-ISR Rescue function? what the defrent between them ?

cheers :cautious:

10. Peter2150

THis is the same question you asked in the new thread which I moved to Software and services. Please continue there, although a search of the forum shows this has been discussed thoroughly.

11. Peter2150

To answer the threads question. Actually neither. It is from LeapfrogSoftware, the developer.

PLease confine any further discussion if any is needed to that narrow issue.

Thanks Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.