FD-ISR and ShadowProtect Rescue Disc

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by samy, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samy

samy Registered Member

When using a ShadowProtect bootable rescue CD on a PC running Windows XP Pro (SP3) 'alone' (i.e. FD not yet installed) the Boot Process is relatively fast (taking approximately 1 min 30 seconds) from the time the PC Boot starts under the CD, until the end of the program loading process.

After installing FD-ISR on the same PC and creating 3 snapshots, the same Boot process is sluggish, and the time taken is between 22 and 25 minutes until the SP program loads and is ready to be used for a HD recovery process.

When the boot process is completed and the program is loaded and ready to be used, there is no sensitive difference (running time) using it for the recovery process on the same PC under XP Pro 'alone' or XP Pro + FD-ISR.

No sensitive difference also when using SP under Windows, on the same PC under XP Pro 'alone' or XP Pro + FD-ISR.

Is it possible to shorten this 'lengthily' boot process?
    Is it the same problem when using TI rescue disc?

Thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This doesn't make any sense. What is on the hard drive doesn't have any impact at all on the boot process from the recovery disk. The boot is taking place strictly from the CD.

Pete

3. newbino

newbino Registered Member

This may be off the wall, but...

is it possible that you have somehow modified your bios settings? I once experienced a very lenghty boot process from the Recovery disk and investigating the issue, I found this on the SP forum;
    having followed the recommendation (I had two separate floppy settings) it worked as snappily as before.

Just in case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.