Favorites sorting in IE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Sometimes my favorites-list in IE 5.5 SP2 on my Windows 98 SE box are not anymore sorted alphabetically.
    I don't seem to have an option to sort it by name (but I have bad eyes and I could have missed it).

How do you fix such a "problem"?

In this thread at DSLR PloKoon posted a nice free tool:

Q-Sort 2000
    http://www.hyperq.com/qsort.htm

Quotes:
    For Windows 95/98/ME.
    (Q-Sort 2004 available soon for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP).
    If you use Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 4 Desktop Update sometimes the order of the Start Menu and Favorites entries get mixed up.

Q-Sort 2000 arranges the "Programs" section of your Start Menu and your Internet Explorer Favorites in alphabetical order with a single mouse click.

You can let sort your Start Menu and Favorites every time you start-up your computer.

Q-Sort 2000 is Freeware.

---end quote---

Well, I installed the program and let it sort my favorites (I started it manually).
    It did its job fine.
    Two screenshots:
    First the interface where you tell it what to do:

Attached Files:

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I clicked the Favorites button and a second later I got the following screen, and my favorites were indeed again nice sorted in alphabetical order.

Attached Files:

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Q-Sort 2004

http://www.hyperq.com/qsort.htm

Quote:

January 1, 2004: Beta 2 of Q-Sort 2004 available now for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Note by me:
    I cannot tell you much about this new version; I still have Q-Sort 2000 (on Windows 98 SE).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.