Favicons

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by controler, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

A while back Firefor had a vunerabilty in it for Favicons. Does anybody know if IE does?

Also if Favicons are ADS's Wouldn't it be possiable to attach a bad file to a Favicon?

Reason I am asking is because when I use HijackThis to remove the ADS, the favicons dissapear from my IE fav list
    Originaly I had eight favicons with attached ADS. Then after shutting down browser and reopening a while latter the favicons were back but only 5 had ADS attached to them.

I also booted to safe mode today and logged in as Admin and noticed an unknown user attached to my doc& settings folder which does not show up when logging in as an Admin user in normal windows boot. Is this normal?

Thanks

con

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  2. controler

controler Guest

Anybody?

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

4. controler

controler Guest

Hey Global

I was gettin worried there for a moment. Didn't think anybody was home.

Yup I am familier with ADS. Sill not sure why they are tied to some favicons and not others. This makes me think it is not an OS thing.

Maybe I should try some other streams removers and see if all favicons go away for a while. I know in IE 6 you could dissable favicons but it isn't in IE 7.

Like I mentioned, onmy system they go away and some come right back after removing the streams.

Ya you are right about windows but I do use Knoppix also ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.