Fault in TrueImageServer 8 with Adaptecs SATA-Raid2410SA

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hartmut, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartmut

hartmut Guest

I just tested the software on an older w2k-server with adaptecs ide-ata-2400-raid-controller (4x 120 GB RAID5): no problems, worked all fine. then i tested it on my newer w2k3-server with adaptecs sata-2410SA-raid-controller: the program starts and i'm able to choose the partition for backup but when starting i get a few strange visual-c++-errormessages (not specified, just "an error occured") and the program terminates.

that looks like a bug.... what's to doo_O

hartmut

2. hartmut

hartmut Guest

next test: i tried powerquest/symantec drive image for servers (v2i-protector it's called...) latest edition - very bad, it destroyed my raid-array. so TI8 is the better choice - it just stop working with an "runtime error" and didn't destroy the partition..... i was lucky that i mirrored my patition before - so that old fashioned mirroring seems to be a good idea until TI (or competetors) are be able to build a running imaging-software.....

hartmut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.