{Fatal System Error}

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Osaban, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Validating backup archives seems to be my problem with ATI.

After creating a full backup of my c drive to an external USB2 drive I started the validation wizard to check the integrity of the archive.
    The validation process was positive except that upon checking the very last window (it stated that everything performed successfully) I got a blue screen of error:

STOP: c0000145{application Error}
    The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142)
    click on OK to terminate the application

I had to restart the computer from the main switch.

I thought it might be something interfering with ATI so I uninstalled ProcessGuard and RegDefend, and disabled every other protection I have (AV, FW etc.). Retried the validation process, it went well, but upon checking the last window, again I got a blue screen of error, even worse than the first judging from the warning text:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status O. The system has been shut down.

I also tried a full backup to the same external USB2 drive, using the Acronis Secure Zone: The validation process went well WITHOUT creating any blue screen.

I've had Acronis for a week now and don't know much about this program, but I feel a bit frustrated as backing up to DVD media doesn't seem to work, validating drive archives gives me blue screens, honestly it makes it hard to believe that things might work flawlessly in case of a real disaster.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Osaban,

If I understand correctly, you created Secure Zone on an external drive. That's something Acronis doesn't advise doing, since it may create issues when booting with the external disconnected. That may be it.

You don't need Secure Zone at all if you'll be storing the image files on the external drive, except if you like TI automatically deleting the oldest images based on FIFO.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Osaban,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.