Fatal problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Silenius, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silenius

Silenius Registered Member

I've been using the beta since it came up and upgraded to 1b. Recently (after having made no changes to my computer or installing anything new) an error msg appeared stating that it was unable to communicate with the kernal. No icon appeared in the tray. Under 'services' I can see the app trying to start but it hangs at 'starting'. I'm using Vista. I attempted uninstalling/reinstalling, reg cleaning etc. to no avail. I have very few things that load at startup (Acronis, ATI drivers, mouse drivers - no other programs). Once reinstalled the system loads once or twice without an issue but the failure to communicate message appears after that on startups. o_O

btw, loved the software when it was working. Any plans on inc. parental controls/root kit scanner in the final? Any plans on changing the GUI or is this pretty much set?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! As far as I know there are no plans on including parental control . In my opinion , such thing is unnecessary and it will only mess the suit - it is not mean and lean .

As for the rootkit scanner - it always has it . Both NOD32 2.7 and Eset Smart Security have anti-rootkit protection/detection/removal and it is very effective (you can see in the Advanced Setup Tree an option called Anti-Stealth technology , that is the anti-rootkit) . You can see this demo (it is for NOD32 v2.7 but the technology should be similar in ESS)

According to this post from Mayth (from Eset) , beta2 will have new design.

~ Removed reinstallation instructions as unnecessary because of Marcos' post ~

If you still have problems , try to contact Eset Beta Support for more help about fixing the issue. Just open Eset Smart Security -> Help and you'll see the option.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try the following:
    - delete em001_32.dat in the eset folder
    - restart the computer
    - run a manual update

4. Silenius

Okay. I tried this a few times with the following results. If I install it (w/o restart) and delete the file it will replace it via update. The problem continues if the file is replaced. After install (with reboot) the file is not replaced via update. It does download a file called update.ver. The program will load on reboot but the a/v is disabled. I'm unable to get the a/v enabled without the file. With the file there the problem persists. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

5. Silenius

Issue resolved by uninstalling, deleting all remaining ESET data and reinstalling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.