FasterFox- does it really work?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Anybody using this extension? Dose it really makes browing faster? I am on dial up and I wonder if it will speed up FF.
    I am reluctant as I think if it really works why it has not been integrated into FF itself. I have already multiple extensions and I hate to add more as it will incraese the loading time of FF. Any benefits/ drawbacks of using this extension?

Thanks for your views about it.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can edit firefox to put the speed increses but fasterfox makes it easier with a easy to use GUI.
    if you put the connections to server to high wilders and other forums and websites might not load properly i found this out with opera connections per connection limit tweaks
    lodore

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    For dial-up userso_O:rolleyes: :cautious: ...sad to say it doesn't work and it only can adds up to "heaviness" of Firefox. I've tried this using different mode on fasterfox but still instead of making my dial up to speed up it even further slowed down. :oops: :ouch:

Better use the TuneUp Utilities 2007 built-in Firefox optimize functions, I think it works fine. Or maybe, u can also try the Internet Cyclone....coz I felt they work more better than fasterfox. ;)

One thing also, if you have Firewalls, then it could also adds up to slowed down ur dial-up speed. Zone Alarm and Outpost is the top that slowed down my net connection, coz its has the "thickest" filter. Better use other firewalls that are lightest, experiment different firewalls...or better yet...you can use the built-in windows firewall coz it has only inbound protections on which most attacks comes from. Coupled it with Windows Worm Doors Cleaners, Harden IT, SafeXP, WinPatrol and common sense....etc....and your dial-up speed will be just fine. :cool: ;)

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi aigle, there was a little discussion here.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Aigle,

I've been using FF for several updates, speeds the browser up allot! No Problems!!!:thumb:

Take Care
    Rico

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Are u on dial up?

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi all, thanks for the input. I tried but not sure if it gives any speed gain.
    Probably I will remove it as FF is not my main browser anyway.

8. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi,
    DSL

Take Care
    Rico

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

It works on computers of a lesser God. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.