Fast User Switching and Version 1.15

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by linney, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linney

linney Registered Member

I Have Uninstalled Version 1.1 and Installed Version 1.15, thank you for fixing many of the bugs.

I still have some problems with Fast User Switching in XP. I keep getting an error message regarding being unable to load Pguard.dat (despite have full permissions for access).

Gavin's trick of Disabling Protection and Exiting Process Guard doesn't seem to solve this. It does allow me to reload Process Guard after swapping users, but the other problem becomes apparent. This problem is that in the new user's account, when I get Process Guard loaded manually, I can exit and close Process Guard without any "Human Intervention" code being requested or required.

The DiamondCS Process Guard is Started and set to Automatic in both cases.

Attached Files:

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi thanks !
    Yes this should be fixable after some work.. will simply take a little time to make sure :)

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Linney, the thing is, why do you need procguard.exe loaded on the other account? Procguard.exe should only be running on ONE account, it isn't made to have multiple versions running at the same time. You only need one procguard.exe running to make changes to the list and to view the log.

The first procguard.exe LOCKS pguard.dat that is why it comes up with that error. I will have to change process guard's startup method so it doesn't start in every account as it does now, but rather in the one that installed it.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.