FarStone RestoreIT 7

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

pinso,

Thanks for the heads up and testing. Please keep us in the loop!

2. pinso

pinso Registered Member

FarStone RestoreIT 7 doesn't like Dual Boot system, everytime i boot to my second Home XP and restart the PC: Restore IT says that windows has changed the snapshot files and needs to take a new System Snapshot and then creates a New Snapshot: doing so renders all you past created system snapshot to be deleted.
    i have four partitions and the rescue area is in F:\ untouching D:\ or E:\ : still this message popping up is a little to uncomforting.

That aside the Rescue Area tends to be filled up quickly after 2 to 3 days without me taking any snapshots. Mine filled up to 80% up of 5000 MB within three days with only 2 snapshots.

Restoring took 10 min in my Dual Core| 3 Ghz | 2 GB Ram | but the job was solid. Considering it does does sector by sector restore.

Rollback does the same thing pretty quickly| 15/17 MB of memory running in the background, which on occasions make's the PC a little late to boot and get ready.

On the whole i like the restore job, but not the messages it shows when i boot from the second partition.

I would put more faith on Rollback| Drive Snapshot and Image for DOS and recently added to the list would be Clonezilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.