Farstone Giveaway & Fire-Sale

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Cruise, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

2. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

3. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

do restore it or any of the other farstone apps need hardware fingerprinting or online activation ? and how do these compare to other similar progs for protection effectiveness

4. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Does anyone know if Total Recovery Pro will create a single image file?
    The older versions (ver. 6) split image files into 2GB sizes.

5. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi garry :)

Actually, I am using RestoreIT 2014 currently on Windows 7.

Indeed, activation is done online and it appears it is tied to your MAC address (media access control) network adapter identifier number. Activation is quick and simple, and if you uninstall RestoreIT, it will deactivate just as simply, to remove the activation from your machine you are uninstalling from. This allows you to install to another machine, for instance, if you only have one license because deactivation opens up the license code for another machine. Activation and deactivation are very simple, no hassles with them in my experience.

Not sure about their other products, but I am pretty sure very similar type of activation is done with them, likely also tied to a MAC address as that appears to be their method of activation system.

Hope that helps! :)

Jim

6. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi tim :)

I am sure it does as long as the storage medium file system is NTFS. Perhaps the reason version 6 of TRP cut at 2GB was because the file system of the storage device was FAT32?...or it was set that way within its options?

I know Total Recovery Pro version 7 created one large file as long as storage media was formatted NTFS which generally external drives are all NTFS formatted.

TRP is now at version 9.2 I think.

Hope that helps :)

Jim

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

imo tried it a few times and just dont like it. i find it to be very heavy on the system did not all the stuff installed everywhere either. much simpler and lighter options out there for not much more money than this sale imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.