Farstone Capture Screenshot Capture

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by beethoven, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have been using an older version from FarStone Capture (5.3) which was freeware and it always worked fine for my needs.
    I recently migrated from Win 7 32 bit to 64 bit and while the program installed again, there seems to be some printer issue. I can take screenshots but the direct printing does not work. Does anyone know if this program is supposed to work with 64 bit architecture? I wrote to support but got no answer, so I am hoping to find someone here who is using this program and can just comment as a user.

2. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Hi Beethoven! I've used Farstone screen capture in the past on Windows 7 (64 bit) – and had no issues printing. Mind you, it's rather slow on the print! I don't actually try printing colourful images direct - you know, wallpapers, etc.

I generally use Farstone image viewer to actually print stuff I've captured via the program.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i had the same issue
    i started to use picpick it's free and portable
    _http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1496

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Version 6.1 was the first one rated for both 32 and 64 bit Windows. (April 21, 2008 )

I use the paid versions and have had no issues with 32 or 64 bit machines. The current version is at 7.6.

5. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

thanks guys for your comments and recommendations - will have a look at picpick

6. Dina

Dina Registered Member

It's FastStone actually :p

I've been using FS Capture to quickly edit existing photos (for years now), checking out PicPick Portable now, looks like a good tool I could use side by side with FS Capture.

Thanks!

Another portable option (I love portable software, portableapps.com format or not) :thumb:

PicPick Portable
    http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/picpick-portable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.