***FANJ***FANJ***

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by iceni60, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Gram Parsons documentary on BBC2 now :D dont know if you can get it or not, but its on here :)

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

FanJ, i hope you saw it and thats why you're not here :( . and i just realised i could have emailed you, i've never emailed anyone from here before, so i didnt think of it :'( sorry

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks a lot iceni60 !!!!! :D

Yep, I watched most of it ;)

What a sad story, isn't it.....

It was good to see it, although I myself liked the documentary about Emmylou a few weeks ago more (well, the part of that one I saw ;) ).

Thanks again iceni60 :D :D :D
    Warm regards, Jan.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yep, very sad. you could see it in all his family and friends too, all these years later

i like Emmylou too, she is...:eek: well i better not say, i might get carried away

Attached Files:

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

-- playing now "Boulder to Birmingham" --

"And I don't want to hear a sad story
    full of heartbreak and desire
    The last time I felt like this
    I was in the wilderness
    and the canyon was on fire..."

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

if anyone's reading this and they dont know what we're on about, below is taken from http://www.gramparsons.com/faq/ Gram Parsons and Emmylou were singing partners

Was Gram's body stolen after his death?

During the funeral ceremony for Gram's close friend Clarence White, Gram was overheard stating that when he died, rather than being buried in the ground, he would like to be taken out to The Joshua Tree desert of southern California and burned. After Gram died in The Joshua Tree Inn, his body was taken to the Los Angeles International Airport in preparation for being flown to Louisiana for burial. Gram's road manager Phil Kaufman and a friend, Michael Martin, got very intoxicated, borrowed a broken down hearse and drove to LAX to retrieve the body. When they arrived, they told the shipping clerk that Gram's remains were to be sent out of another airport, flashed some bogus paperwork and falsely signed for the body. After crashing into a wall and almost being arrested, Phil, Michael and Gram drove back to The Joshua Tree Desert, stopping only to buy more beer and a container of gasoline. They took Gram's remains into the desert, poured gasoline inside the coffin and set him ablaze. The two were arrested several days later and fined $700.00 for stealing and burning the COFFIN (it was is not against the law to steal a dead body). Gram's partially burned remains were finally laid to rest in a modest cemetery near New Orleans, LA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.