Fanboy lists breaking websites?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I use Chromium and ABP with Fanboy list Ultimate List, and it's been breaking a lot of websites lately, such as Softpedia, H-Online and many more.

Disabling the list solves the problem. Anyone having issues with it as well?

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'm not on Chromium (using Chrome), but I have used the Ultimate list from Fanboy on occasion. My experience with it is that it works rather well until you start messing about with websites that use a lot of social media. Anything that has a lot of social media functions or can be signed into via Facebook has been a crapshoot.

Is that maybe where you're having issues? Also, some websites just do not like ad-blocking. However, also from my experience, almost all of those websites will tell you to turn any ad-blockers off.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, after disabling Fanboy's lists and reenabling them, the websites load fine again. ABP did receive an update; maybe it was related to a bug in ABP... All is well now, anyway. :)

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

It probably was a bug then. It could have very well been an entry in one of the lists too, you just never know. All that matters is that it's working again for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.