Fanboy lists breaking websites?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I use Chromium and ABP with Fanboy list Ultimate List, and it's been breaking a lot of websites lately, such as Softpedia, H-Online and many more.

Disabling the list solves the problem. Anyone having issues with it as well?

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'm not on Chromium (using Chrome), but I have used the Ultimate list from Fanboy on occasion. My experience with it is that it works rather well until you start messing about with websites that use a lot of social media. Anything that has a lot of social media functions or can be signed into via Facebook has been a crapshoot.

Is that maybe where you're having issues? Also, some websites just do not like ad-blocking. However, also from my experience, almost all of those websites will tell you to turn any ad-blockers off.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, after disabling Fanboy's lists and reenabling them, the websites load fine again. ABP did receive an update; maybe it was related to a bug in ABP... All is well now, anyway. :)

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

It probably was a bug then. It could have very well been an entry in one of the lists too, you just never know. All that matters is that it's working again for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.