Family controller PCI issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by djg05, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I am trying to sort out a HP 655 Laptop for a friend and am running into problems with the Realtes PCEe GBE Family Controller. Device Manager is flagging it up as an error

This was originally supplied with Win 8 and has now been upgraded to Win 8.1. The BIOS has been updated to the latest for 8.1. The drivers have been downloaded from HP but still this issue persists. There is not apparent issue with accessing the Web or the LAN.

Would appreciate some help with this as I seem to be going round in circles of frustration at the moment.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Hi Stapp

Thank for putting all that work in - much appreciated, but that is the BIOS I installed which initially solved the problem. It was just that I was checking it over before handing it back that I noticed that this was flagged up again.

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Seems this is a general fault with Realtek LAN drivers and Win 8.1 so not going to waste any more time on it until they or Microsoft sort out the problem. At least the WiFi works ok so will keep him happy.

Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.