False reports issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by martix, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martix

martix Registered Member

Well I have a program - http://www.vista-software.com/index.php - that generates lots of false reports for supposedly being a variation of some "Genetik Trojan" or whatever. I guess this is because of the nature of the program. But as easy it is to include its main executable into the exclussion list, it does have a feature called "Compile EXE" which compiles a script so that it can be run on any computer even without the program being installed. Now these also generate an alert. So how do I make the program ignore these without turning off AMON?

2. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hi

turn off detection of potentially unwanted or unsafe application, maybe it be helps. Let us know.

Regards.

3. martix

martix Registered Member

Potentially unsafe was turned of by default
    Unwanted had no effect
    Adware had no effect
    Heuristics(whatever this is) had no effect
    Signatures had no effect

Runtime packers - no effect(would have made sense if this was the one)
    Self extracting archives - no effect
    Advanced heuristics - this one did it. I had to check twice to ensure spelling is correct! What the heck does it do anyway? Is it critical? Why the wacky name?

4. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hello

VistaTask.exe was detected as a trojan with suspicion of false positive and was forwarded to viruslab.

Cheers.

5. TaInTeD_SnIpEr

TaInTeD_SnIpEr Registered Member

Hello.
    The Heuristics engine enables NOD32 to detect un-known threats that haven't been added to the Signature database (e.g. un-known viruses, spyware, and adware).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.