False Positive

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AskJeeves, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskJeeves

AskJeeves Registered Member

Dear Javacool,

We have discovered that you're detecting a number of our search toolbars as spyware. Who do I need to speak with about getting this changed?

Many Thanks,

Kirk Lawrence
    Ask Jeeves

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Kirk,

Could you please provide a little more detail on what you believe is being detected?

As I've searched the SB database for the three items below but they aren't listed, or I wasn't able to find them. :doubt:

http://castlecops.com/CLSID.html

Regards,

Steve

3. AskJeeves

AskJeeves Registered Member

Absolutely -

The toolbars in question are:

MyWebSearch
    MySearch
    MyWay
    iWon
    and Excite

Just to reiterate - Ask Jeeves (as of yesterday we are now owned by IAC) does not produce any SpyWare or Adware. I performed some searches in the CastleCops CLSID database and have discovered that their entries are in fact incorrect. Is that the source for your definitions file?

Regards,
    -Kirk

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

AskJeeves,

Thanks for this report regarding your various toolbars. Whether they are removed or not from SpywareBlaster will be up to Javacool himself, and is something to be worked out between the two of you. In the meantime, until Javacool gets back online, I'll close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.