False Positive Win32/Kriptik.JX trojan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cx600, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cx600

cx600 Registered Member

I have followed the threads regarding this, and understand that the files should be put back automatically by Nod32 after receiving the updates. That doesn't appear to be happening here. I have several hundred computers here that are missing their msdtc.exe and dllhost.exe files, as well as a smattering of temp files, etc, that should have been put back from quarantine since being updated. I have checked the configurations, and they definitely have the option checked to "Rescan quarantined files after every update." We are currently on Nod32 Antivirus Business Edition 3.0.684.0. Virus defs are 3921, and Advanced heuristics module is at 1092. I have been on hold for quite some time trying to access Eset tech support, so I am posting here in hopes that somebody can tell me how to get Nod to put the files back. I don't relish the idea of manually restoring them back from quarantine on several hundred machines. I see no option in the Remote Administrator console to deal with this. I have tried rebooting a few of the machines, and also launching scans on them to see if that would trigger Nod to put the files back, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

3. cx600

cx600 Registered Member

Thanks. That tool was just the ticket. Saved me many hours of work.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.