False Positive-Smart Defrag and Game Booster

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cicely, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicely

Cicely Registered Member

Hi ESET support forum.

I am Cicely from IObit.

Smart Defrag and Game Booster are mistakenly reported as a variant of Win32/AdInstaller by your program NOD32.

This is absolutely a false positive. Both programs are high-test, absolutely without any virus, spyware or any other threats.

You can download Game Booster from the link below:

xxtp://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

The reported new version of Smart Defrag has not been released officially. So there is no available download from our website. Please download from the link below:

xxtp://wikisend.com/download/614650/DefragSetup.exe

We have emailed ESET since July 10, "ESET Support Case Update: 537082 - False Positive".
    But we haven't got any answer yet. Please forward this message to the person may concern and help us solve this issue as soon as possible.

Should you need any more information, please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

probably its due the inclusion of the MyWay searchtoolbar/adware (see the 2nd EULA). furthermore they report it only as "potentially unsafe application", which the user can easily overide (with the no action button) and which detection the user has to enable manually. but this is just my opinion.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Someone will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    -Tom

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

It has been confirmed by our virus lab that these detections are not a false positive. And yes IBK is correct that detection of this type of malware is optional depending on the way the user has decided to configure the installation of their ESET Security Software.

Regards,
    -Tom

5. Cicely

Cicely Registered Member

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the update on this issue.

I also received email notice: “The installers contain third party code which belongs to a group of adware-like toolbars with a dubious reputation. ”

Actually, the toolbar is from our partner. We will contact them to have this issue resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.