False Alerts: Do AVs become less reliable?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by comma dor dash, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I agree at least for those capable of making some decisions or able to get to someone who can help but what about the nonsecurity wise "average Joe"?:doubt:

2. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

"I have downloaded the file and my Antivir does not detect anything in it, neither in real time nor on-demand.
    Can any body confirm this?"

Yes. This means that the false alert has been fixed. (Hopefully, AntiVir can still detect zlob trojans ;-)

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think somehow it was a false alert only on ur machine. Do u think they were reading ur post and just corrected it?

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Avira fixed the FP, but Ikarus don't. Anyway it seems Avira is not detecting about 6 Zlobs now. :doubt: I'll send them to be added

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

1. Silently deleting a file could result in a situation that's ecen harder to remedy for the average Joe/Jane.

2. If the average Joe/Jane is forced to make a decision, then many will seek help and find out what to do.

THe default for ALL software must be to NOT delete anything that could affect the user without the user's permission. If the user doesn't understand, too bad, they'll just have to seek help and learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.