Failure - Security Options

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HorizonFell, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorizonFell

HorizonFell Registered Member

Hey, all.

My coworker's test station was loaded with Eset 3.0 AV, Vista (Home, I believe)... and is set to automatically update.

Today the auto-update was rebooting her computer and the screen turned black. A dialog box popped up:

The header read "Login Process has failed to create the security options dialog.", with the box reading: "Failure - Security Options."

As far as I can tell, this is a problem which has to do with security suites, so can anybody tell me if this is ESet? I'm running diagnostics currently, so if anybody has any ideas on what this issue is, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks, all.

-HF

Edit: Now thinking about it, it also has Threatfire and SUPERAntiSpyware installed.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

A google search for Login Process has failed to create the security options dialog brought back numerous hits and after reading the first 4, each of those dealt with hardware issues, in particular hard drive problems.

Bubba

3. HorizonFell

HorizonFell Registered Member

Fairly weird -- I ran a google search before posting under the term: "login process has failed to create the security options dialog."

And only got three real responses, relating to anti-virus (specifically TM 14) and C: drive failure.

Color me embarrassed, I'll read what your search turned up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.