Failing to set up RAID-0

Discussion in 'hardware' started by sehnbadt, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehnbadt

sehnbadt Registered Member

I'm trying to do a RAID-0 on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium but it's not working. I'm about to destroy my computer with a hammer. First I try to boot from Windows 7 DVD but it won't I get the No Bootable Partition In Table message. I then inserted the Vista DVD and it booted fine but asked me for some drivers because it could not see my hard drives. I then went on my Ubuntu computer and downloaded them from Asus site and burnt them to a CD. When I booted again from the Vista DVD it kept saying I/O error 0x00000e9 so now it does not want to boot anymore from the Vista DVD but it did once! I also get Disk Boot Failure all the time because it won't boot from the installation Vista DVD.
    I unpluged the hard drives and pluged them on the other Sata connector but now my PC is not booting anymore. I get a black screen and the hard drive LED is always on.

What can I do?

I am mad now

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

check the connections to the hard drive and DVD-ROM and clean the Vista DVD really well. try just having drive system drive connected. it possible a faulty hard drvie is causing the errors. unplug as much as possible and just have video monitor connection and keyboard connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.