Failed to restore file or folder - Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Syscomdt, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syscomdt

Syscomdt Registered Member

Restore Machine True Image 11 Home - Windows XP Pro SP2
    Original backup taken from Windows Vista Business with a failing hard drive.
    Backup Completed successfully on folder level backup creation.

I am receiving an error for every file that I am restoring from the backup image. The image is 40GB in size, so I know there must be data there. I need to restore some of this data, but I receive this error:
    E00040011: Failed to restore file or folder 'Filename.ext'.

Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x483CE20066729EC9

Options are: Retry, Ignore, Cancel

I have tried to retry to no avail. I've also Ignored and it continues on to the next file, indefinitely. I look in the restore directory and it shows the folder structure and file name, but the files are 0 kb in size. Please help, as I need to restore this data.
    I have tried to restore with and without permission data.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!
    -Scott

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Syscomdt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that as the drive that was backed up was failing, it's highly possible that the data backed up was already corrupted. Please try restoring the entire backup archive. Please also try mounting/exploring the archive, as it may be possible to copy files that way.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please notice that in case it's needed to back up a failing drive it's recommended to use sector by sector method of creating a full image of the drive.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.