Failed to register the product.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FFMG, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

Same problem as many. Maybe it is time to revisit the installation requirements.

I keep getting that error, Failed to register the product., I am admin on the machine, and even if I turn the firewall off, (and I shouldn't have to do that for anyone), I get the error.

FFMG

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FFMG,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Are you trying to install the trial version? If so then contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat clarify the exact title of the program you want to test and we will provide you the link for the trial version which doesn’t required while installing the program.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, I reported the problem here 10 days ago.
    So, needless to say, I have moved on to another product by now.

It was Acronis Migrate Easy, (I think), but I don't think i would have installed a program that demanded that I turned my firewall off anyway. I have never heard of such a requirement.

In any case, the problem is not new so I doubt it would have helped.

As I said, maybe you should revisit your installation procedures. I wonder how many people simply give-up rather than looking for some free link.

Regards,

FFMG

4. Acronis Support

Hello FFMG,

Thank you for your response.

It is a normal procedure that if you want to trial a software, you should register your account (you failed to register, not to install the program) . Nevertheless, Firewall is one of the most frequent reasons for the installation failure for all programs.

The full version doesn't require on-line registration or activation, also it doesn't require Internet connection.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

5. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

You are intentionally missing the point.
    I have no problem registering, I never said that, but I refuse to switch my firewall off, (if you were Apple or Goolge maybe, but you are not).
    Off hand, I cannot think of any application that has such a requirement for a trial software.

And if you took the time to read my original post properly you would see that even with the firewall off I still get the message.

In any case, the funny thing is that my email address must have made it to your servers as I received an email from Acronis, (see below).

Or am I imagining things?

Regards,

FFMG

6. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

The sudden silence is telling...

FFMG

7. Acronis Support

Hello FFMG,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Why didn’t you contact us via support request or live chat? You didn't even answer my initial question concerning whether you are trying to install trial version or not. As I wrote you previously we would give you trial version of Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 which doesn’t require registration during installation. The issue you experience can be solved in 1 minute.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. Acronis Support

Hello FFMG,

Thank you for taking time to contact us.

Code:
    I refuse to switch my firewall off, (if you were Apple or Goolge maybe, but you are not).
    We are not Apple or Google, but you are always welcome.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

9. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

Welcome for what?

FFMG

10. FFMG

FFMG Registered Member

It might take 1 minute to solve but it took 10 days to reply to my original post, (from Jan 17th to Jan 27th).

So as I said, I moved on to another product, (you really should read my posts a little closer).

But again, you missed all the points that I raised.

The issue was raised by a few users,
    I cannot see the reason why your software would ask anyone to turn off their firewalls,
    Even then, when my firewall was off it did not work
    And even then, my email made it to your server but it did not work.

So, maybe, just maybe, it is not me, but your install/setup?

Regards,

FFMG

11. mrozde

mrozde Registered Member

What is up with Acronis support. The first thing support should do is to listen to their customer. I too have downloaded the trial version only to have it ask I register the product (but that fails) so you can't even get past step 1. If Acronis wants a customer to "text" customer support before installing the software then just make that the procedure. It certainly seems like you are trying to hide something by the way you treat your customers.

I bought DDS 10 a while back and now, low and behold, my registration no longer exists in the Acronis support database.

Acronis better start waking up by listening and supporting its customers! I too am moving......

12. Acronis Support

Hello mrozde,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your note will help us to make Acronis Customer Service better.

If you still experience any issues with your registration, you can contact us here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.