Failed to read firewall configuration

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by 9916971070, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9916971070

9916971070 Registered Member

Dear ESET,

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit in my new HP probook series laptop.Now its showing run.dll errors and not able to open many services and options suddenly even i am not able to open my computer properties.Actually the problem happened to OS is due to my ESET smart security antivirus.my antivirus was ESET.one day i tried for update it .while updating eset i got first error message run.dll error.After that i am getting one error as "Failed to read firewall configuration" & "an error while reading control file.The personal firewall will not work".Now i am not able to open control panel and many OS applications.So i removed my ESET antivirus.But then also facing the same issue.Pls help me out how can i fix my OS in normal mode.

Thanks,
    Anil Jose

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello 9916971070, (just some thoughts)

I may well be wrong here, but, showing run.dll errors ( and not be abel to open control panel )can be a sign of malware infection. Those programs that are using a specific file will not be able to access it, so a Rundll error will tell your system that the software/program cannot be loaded due to the missing file or code.
    If I were you I would contact Eset Customer Care, or use, if you have it, the Sysrescue disk.
    Or see this link: If you are currently infected

Regards Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd start with a complete uninstallation of ESS using the uninstall tool and installing ESS from scratch to ensure that permissions are set properly.

4. 9916971070

I downloaded eset uninstaller tool and removed from safe mode. But still i am not able to open my control panel,my computer properties ,etc.While try to open my computer properties it showing error " MMC cannot open the file & failed to read firewall configuration ".

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try running ESET Rogue Application remover downloadable from here and see if it finds and fixes some issues.

6. 9916971070

Still i am facing the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.