"Failed to read firewall configuration"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by GaryRW, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

While testing ESS Beta 1b on Win2K sacrificial lamb....

I still get this with 1b at startup. It appears to work OK showing user rules, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I also went into the registry and ripped out all Eset stuff. Anyone know about this?

2. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

It happened to me once. Install then uninstall, WITHOUT deleting the folders OR the registry entries, and install again, followed by another reboot. I don't know why, but I found that if I did a 'normal' uninstall (as above), followed by installing again (including a reboot even though it doesn't ask for one)...everything seemed to be OK.

3. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Tried that several times and it didn't work. Used ESS Windows Installer Package to both Uninstall and Repair; no change.

I did notice that epfwdata.bin in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\\Application Data\Eset was assigned to a wrong program and changed it to BIN file type. That didn't help. Then I notice that a BIN file probably doesn't belong in AppData at all and think it may be a corrupt install.

Anybody have any insight?

4. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

Only happened to me once on 1a and it kept working fine without me doing anything about it *shrugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.