Failed to read data from disc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SquALeD, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquALeD

SquALeD Registered Member

Hi guys, been using Acronis TI since ver9 on my laptop running XP pro. Never had a prob with it, upgraded to ver10 - still fine. My problem started when I did a fresh install of Vista Ultimate. I wanted to do a clean install backup (just drivers etc) Ver10 installs fine but during a full backup i get the error 'Failed to read data from the disc' I tried installing the latest Acronis drivers as mentioned in other posts but the problem remains.

Now, I know there have been some posts here regarding this prob but why would I suddenly be getting disc read errors after installing Vista? (Like I said, its a clean install not an upgrade/repair.)
    I've attached a screenie plus the error log that was generated during the backup proccess.

Im trying to back up to a 300G external SATA drive, never had any probs untill Vista was installed.

If you need any other info just ask

Thanks

Sq

error.jpg

View attachment 2007-12-30-114536.log

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SquALeD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with enabled logging. Then reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. SquALeD

Hello Marat, thank you for your reply. Ive already got the latest 4942 build of TI10 and the latest Acronis drivers but the problem still persists. Ill gather the info you asked for and post back

Many thanks for the reply

Sq

edit: i installed acronis drivers with debugging disabled - will enable and post results

4. SquALeD

Marat, I installed Acronis drivers with enabled log as advised by you but although the problem is still there there are no logs generated at C:

Only error message I get is the same as the screenshot on my first post.

Not sure where to go from here

Sq

5. ICHAPMAN

ICHAPMAN Registered Member

Hi,

Without trying to 'hijack' this existing thread - this is exactly the same issue that I'm experiencing - and the reason I joined these forums today.

I do have a couple of differences however. These are:

I'm running Vista Business, and I'm backing up to a Freecom USB2 Drive. The Freecom USB2 drive is plugged into a powered USB2 Hub (Belkin).

At the point the error occurs all USB devices become unavailable - and then are redetected - this ONLY occurs when running a Acronis Backup.

I'm running Acronis True Image Home version 10.0 (Build 4942) - but will install the updated Acronis Drivers to see if I can generate the requested logs.

Thanks

Iain Chapman
    Lambda.

6. ICHAPMAN

Hello Again,

OK - installed the newer Acronis Drivers with logging enabled. Restarted the PC (which incidently is a Dell Latitude D630) and then re-ran the backup.

After a period of time it failed with the message "Failed to write data on the disk" - and all the USB devices stopped responding and then were re-initalised - with the exception of the Freecom Drive.

I've attached the log files that appear to have been generated by Acronis.

I don't think this is a problem with the Freecom Drive as we've used it fine under Windows XP, and this is the second drive I've tried and recieved the same issue.

The drive is setup with an Acronis Secure Zone. No issues are observed when using the drive as a 'regular' disk within Windows.

Thanks

Iain
    Lambda.

Attached Files:

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Iain, try running your backup drive temporarily straight into a motherboard USB socket, preferably a rear one if you can.

TI sometimes has problems with USB hubs.

Colin

8. ICHAPMAN

OK - I've moved the drive to a USB Port on the D-Port Replicator (OK, I realise that this isn't strictly direct to the Laptop).

I have to say that so far, this does appear to have improved things. I've been able to run backups using TI without any USB errors / glitches. I'll keep an eye on things.

Thanks

Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.