failed to process pair script

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aqus555, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqus555

aqus555 Registered Member

Hi I have the Trueimage 2009. I have scheduled backups done from a main file in dec. And incrimental backups since then which are scheduled to be done every night.
    My problem is that I need a file from one of my latest backups so I tried doing a restore of that file, and I get:
    warning: failed to process pair script 057FD3F2...
    then Error: operation has completed with errors and file is never restored.
    I also tried to do a validate on the actual backups and I get a similar error.
    I also noticed that if I go back about a month it works fine.
    Why is it that everytime I need to restore something with this software there is something wrong. At least if it didn't backup right I would fix the problem then. But when backup is done ok and my scheduled task hasn't changed I expect a restore to be done. Why is it after a certain date I get this error?
    I need those files asap so tech support please respond.
    Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aqus555,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To resolve the issue please re-start Acronis scheduler, it appears that the scheduler service has been installed improperly.

- Download a special Acronis utility;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all Acronis tasks on the PC. You should manage your tasks from the scratch.

If the issue persists, please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. aqus555

aqus555 Registered Member

Ok I tried that and can't restart the service
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Sal Aquino>F:\downloads\schedmgr.exe task zap
    task
    zap
    Ok

C:\Documents and Settings\Sal Aquino>F:\downloads\schedmgr.exe service stop
    service
    stop
    Ok

C:\Documents and Settings\Sal Aquino>F:\downloads\schedmgr.exe service uninstall

service
    uninstall
    Ok

C:\Documents and Settings\Sal Aquino>F:\downloads\schedmgr.exe service install
    service
    install
    Ok

C:\Documents and Settings\Sal Aquino>F:\downloads\schedmgr.exe service start
    service
    start
    rror: 3 (0x3) - The system cannot find the path specified.

Also I can restore my files if I use the bootable acronis CD.

And what you sent me re-installs the task manager. But how can I restore files from my already backed up backups??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aqus555,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

There are two possible causes:

You are trying to run an Acronis True Image task under a Windows user account different from the one the task was created;
    The original task script (*.tis) was removed from the Scripts folder:

Acronis True Image Home
    Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

Acronis True Image Server for Windows, Acronis True Image Workstation, Acronis True Image Enterprise Server
    Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

Although the task script is removed from the Scripts folder, it is still registered in Acronis Scheduler. Every time the scheduled task starts, Acronis Scheduler checks all the registered task scripts and gives the error message if any of the scripts are not found in the Scripts folder.

If the task exists, try running it under the same Windows user account under which it was created.
    If the task is removed, you can unregister it from Acronis Scheduler to get rid of the error entries.

Unregistering all tasks from Acronis Scheduler
    Download and extract the following archive:
    https://www.acronis.com/r/support/en/kb/1054/script_fix.zip

1. Run the script_fix.vbs file.
    (!) This will remove all scheduled tasks.

Unregistering separate tasks from Acronis Scheduler
    Open the operation log of Acronis True Image;
    (!) To view the operation log, in the main window of the program select Tasks and Log in Acronis True Image Home 2009 or Show Log in any other version of Acronis True Image.

Find the respective error entry and note the name of the mentioned script. For example:
    Error 1 108 (0X1006C) 10/29/2008 12:09:02 No such script "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4"

Download Acronis Scheduler Manager from http://download.acronis.com/support/schedmgr.exe
    Run the schedmgr.exe file and issue the following command:
    get list

In the list of displayed tasks, note the script that has the same name as the one that produces error entries in the log. For example:

1-3 ~*TrueImageNotify* /dummy / script: "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4" /uuid: "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4"

Issue the following commands:

task [Script Name]
    task delete

For example:

task 90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4
    task delete

If there is more than one task that produce error entries, repeat the procedure for each of them separately.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.