Failed to load CD device information

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by peterafonin, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterafonin

peterafonin Registered Member

Hello,

Just recently I had a problem - Acronis True Image couldn't recognize my DVD-RW drive. Now, after I uninstalled Daemon tools drivers - it can. But the problem is still here - I cannot backup to DVD, the error says:

Failed to load CD device information

Do you know what's a cure?

My drive is PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 ATA Device.

Thank you,

Peter

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I would un-install from within the Device Manager.
    Then I would shutdown and remove the ribbon cable from the drive.
    Reboot without it being connected.
    Shutdown and re-attach the cable and let Windows refind new hardware.
    You might want to check the drive manufacturer's website for any new firmware or driver updates.

Drive letter may change and you may have to re-assign correct letter.

3. peterafonin

Thank you, I'll try.

Peter

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peterafonin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To perform further investigation of the issue please do the following:

- What exact error messages you received? When exactly have you received them?

- Please create cdrecord.log file the way described in this previous post of mine. Note that under Windows Vista the cdrecord.log file will be created in \ProgramData\Acronis\DebugLogs folder;

- Save Acronis True Image 10.0 Home log, which contains the error message via Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Let us know if you are able to burn CD or DVD discs on your drive with third-party software.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please let us know if you are able to burn images booting from bootable rescue media (or Bart PE).

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

5. peterafonin

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I can backup to DVD drive. For some reason Acronis doesn't like the fact that disk is already in the drive. It ejects the disk and asks me to re-insert it.

So,

1. I have a job scheduled to backup some data to the DVD drive;
    2. I put the writable DVD to the drive in advance. I was doing this with Nero Backup for almost two years, and it worked great;
    3. Backup doesn't run, I'm getting error in the log:

Failed to load the CD-ROM devices information.

4. The log file is attached.

I do not provide cdrecord.log file, since this feature works.

Thank you,

Peter

Attached Files:

6. peterafonin

To avoid confusion, I just want to clarify a bit more:

1. If I just do a regular backup to DVD - it works. However, if the disk is already in the drive, Acronis ejects it and asks to re-insert.

2. If I have a scheduled backup to DVD drive - it doesn't work. If I select a task and click Run or just try to run it on schedule - I get errors described in my previous post.

It seems to me that Acronis, unlike Nero, can recognize the disk only if it's actually re-inserted. If the disk is already in the drive - it doesn't see it.

Thank you,

Peter

7. GroverH

Does it help to uncheck the pre-insert option as shown below?

Are you talking about using DVD/RW media? If yes, this type media has been known to cause extensive grief!
    ---------------------------------------

cd-ask.gif

8. peterafonin

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, this did not help.

Yes, it's a DVD/RW media. But for some reason I've never had any grief with it, not until now. Although I was using it quite a bit.

9. edanderson

edanderson Registered Member

I cannot burn a scheduled backup to DVD-R when the user account is a "Backup Operator" but I can when it is an "Administrator." When the user account is a BO, the burn process never starts and cdrecord.log is never generated. I have attached the main log - the error is the same "Failed to load CD device information..." error as the original poster here.

What is Acronis trying to do before it starts the burn that it can't do unless the user is an Administrator? Are there file permissions that I can change to make this work? Changing the user to an Administrator or "Run As" Administrator are not acceptable solutions.

FYI: The DVD-R drive also works fine with Roxio with the user as a BO.

Thanks,

Ed

Attached Files:

10. peterafonin

Well, I'm using it on my home computer, so I'm always an administrator and run everything under Administrator's account.

I'll check it though, thanks for your information. Right now I can only burn CD manually.

Peter

11. GroverH

I would un-install and re-install ATI.

If that does not work, then I would ask that you reconsider my suggestion in post #2.

12. edanderson

edanderson Registered Member

In my case, I have reinstalled ATI several times, generally installing as the user with the account set to be an Admin, and then changing the user account back to Backup Operator to run.

Also, I have no problem doing a scheduled backup to HD, network, etc.

This is with True Image Workstation.

Ed

13. peterafonin

Same here - I also reinstalled Acronis couple times. And also don't have a problem with scheduled backaup to HD.

Thanks,

Peter

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peterafonin and edanderson,

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please make sure you are using blank unformatted media to create backups.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.